Monday, April 27, 2009

New York Trip Day 2

Friday, April 17, 2009

Today was our tour day. We went on a bus tour of the highlights of New York City. I was pretty excited about it. It was pretty interesting in some parts, but not nearly as interesting as I was expecting. We did see some interesting sights though!

My favorite parts were: riding on the Staten Island Ferry, seeing the Brooklyn Bridge (I mostly enjoyed that because I hadn't gotten to see it last time we came), seeing the hotel that the survivors of the Titanic stayed at, and seeing the New York Public Library. The rest was either something I'd seen on our last trip or something that I didn't find very interesting. My least favorite part of the tour was when they pointed out a statue of General Sherman...

We had lunch at the place where we saw the Brooklyn Bridge. They had a food court there. Mom and Grandma-Mona got some sort of Chinese food, Dad grabbed another slice, and I had a "Nathan's" hot dog. Oh and we saw something that was genuinely hilarious....a Cajun restaurant...except it wasn't really Cajun....

Here are a few pictures:




Here we are in front of the Brooklyn Bridge




Dad and I on the Staten Island Ferry passing in front of the Statue of Liberty




Here I am leaning on my favorite cuddle spot of Mom's: her left shoulder. I had a headache and had had enough of that tour...





Me in front of Saks Fifth Avenue




After the tour, we got ready to go to Nony and Franks apartment for supper. It was fun going over there again. Nony and Frank cooked some interesting food. I like the green noodly things. I'm not sure what it was, but it was yummy. The rest was all a little strange for me and included alot of mushy vegetables, which aren't really my favorite...

Dessert was amazing, though. We had some sort of incredible chocolate cheesecake! It was like heaven for my tastebuds.

After supper, we visited for awhile, Mom fixed a button on Nony's wedding dress that she'd get to wear again on Sunday, and then Frank brought us all back to the hotel. But before we went inside, we stopped to see the lights of New York City at night. We were right across the river, and according to Frank, had the perfect view. Well, Frank was right:




Tomorrow is shopping day. I'm packing up everything I don't need for tomorrow because tomorrow, we're going to stay at Frank's parents house in New Jersey.

No comments: