Saturday, April 23, 2011

The End.

I can't believe it. I only have 2 weeks and 2 days left here in New York. This spring passed by much quicker than I expected. Part of me is relieved. But, surprisingly (well at least I am surprised) there is a part of me that has gotten a bit attached to this place.
I can easily say that I hated it at first. In fact, I was down right miserable from October to December. And I dreaded coming back here after spending time in Louisiana around Christmas time. Now, it's April 23 and I only have a couple weeks left. Two weeks will fly by in no time. Again, part of me is very excited about that, but part of me isn't sure she's ready for this big adventure to be at its end.
I have grown to really love some people up here. There's April Kuzas and her baby boy Gabriel. She's my sister's best friend and so loving and funny. And Gabriel is, of course, just precious. And there's Amy Weaver from my church. She's hilarious and sweet and funny and she's from Tennessee and I just love her. Warren, also from church, is an actor and I've loved getting to know him. He's smart and funny and a great performer. Plus, it's just very evident that he loves God and that's always admirable in a person. Riz is another Graffiti (that's my church's name) member. He's always so giving of his time and energy and he's great to talk to. I'll really miss Brittany who works at American Girl. She loves to crack jokes about Louisiana, but I know she loves me and I think she's the sweetest and pretty funny too. And Lauren (also from AG Place) is funny and adorable and I love talking to her. Plus, she threw a huge fit out of excitement when I brought her a can of Tony Chachere's seasoning to work today! Moe, one of my managers, is also just plain wonderful. She taught me how to fix doll hair and also how to give the little girls a great time. And she's hilarious and lovable.
Of course I'm going to be super lonesome for my neice and my sister. Emma is the most adorable darling precious baby girl that I've ever seen. Well, since Evelyn, my other neice was a baby... hehe. And she's brought me so much joy. When I was the saddest, she can bring a smile to my face like nobody else. I've loved growing closer to Nichole, my big sister. Some of it was hard. We had to work through our differences and learn to love each other's difficult parts too. But I've loved our chances to laugh and go for walks and shop at the Newport Mall when it was too cold to do anything else. I've loved sitting at the kitchen table eating raw cookie dough by the spoonful. I love her.
Also, I'm going to miss pizzerias. I absolutely LOVE that you can find one on almost any corner, walk in, order one big slice of pizza, pay $1-$3 for it, and then be completely full. I'll miss the subways because it's SO quick and convenient and I honestly do not like driving. And I'll miss the dazzling lights of Times Square (although, I won't miss all the dumb people who don't know how to walk...).
God has done a lot in me since I've been here also. He taught me perseverance, joy, faithfulness, grace, confidence, wisdom, security, selfless love, how to seek Him, and more. I don't think I have more than a small grasp on those things, but I'm certain that He'll continue to teach me. It's wonderful to know that I've grown. And also, I know now that I don't need to constantly be surrounded by friends. I love 2 Corinthians 3:18, "And we all, with unveiled face, beholding the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from one degree of glory to another. For this comes from the Lord who is the Spirit." He completely carried me through this New York journey and I'm so thankful that I had Him to lean on this whole time. He was there for me and filled me with love and peace and assurance every time I felt lonely or sad or worried.
One thing that I will not miss: the weather.
"It is never going to be warm in this stupid place!!!!" ;)

1 comment:

jaymen said...

So you're leaving a place where people don't know how to walk, just so you can come back to a place where people don't know how to drive? Oh, well, NY's loss and LA's gain :-)