Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Surprise!

Well, reading my last blog update actually makes me laugh a bit. The things I said are so ironic now. I'll just get to the point. After much thought and prayers and consideration (and a lot of God just putting things right into place) I decided to return to New York until August! I know. It's so crazy!
I think I was home for only five days before I started deciding whether or not to come back. And by day 6, it was pretty much decided. Nony and Frank said it was fine for me to come stay with them again. Reese (my manager at American Girl) immediately said they would give me my position back. Mom approved the decision (which was quite a big deal). God gave me peace about it. Plus, I just really, really wanted to come back to New York. So, two weeks after I returned home to Opelousas, I got right back on a plane to head back up north.
It has been wonderful to be back here! I am loving NYC in the summertime! I decided not to tell most of my New York friends so I could surprise them. Well, apparently secrets don't get kept in the doll hair salon crowd because pretty much everybody knew...guess I should not have been too too surprised ;)
But, boy oh boy, I surprised everybody at church! Danielle nearly flipped and I think Warren was almost stunned to silence, but I said "almost". And some people just kind of did a double take like, "Wait...did you leave? Or are you about to leave?..." I was gone for such a short time that some people didn't even quite realize it.
I'm not entirely sure what this summer has in store for me. Probably some trips to Coney Island and the beaches (the ones that are by the real life ocean!!) of New York and New Jersey. And hopefully many more spontaneous evenings with my friends. I already ran through a fountain with Amy and skipped through Times Square afterwards still soaking wet! And I haven't even been here a week!!

1 comment:

Dana B. said...

Ah, Gracie...excited about your adventures!! And whoever thought that following Christ was boring????? Never!!