Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Renaissance Festival!

Alrighty! I can finally put the pictures up!! Yay! I've tried so many times and every time something has stopped me. The first time I got all ready to put them up and then I went to get the camera and I couldn't find it. Much to my dismay, Natalie LaCombe, who had been taking pictures of us accidentally forgot to give the camera back to us and brought it all the way to school with her in her purse...The next time I tried (after I got it back from Natalie) the battery on the camera was dead. So I had to charge it and yesterday I was too busy to do it. So now finally I can do it today!
Me, Claire, and Natalie Sibille in the van on the way there!

Me onstage with Garbanzo the juggler/fire-eater. I got picked to be a voluteer for his show. See? I manage to get myself onstage no matter where I am!Lady Rosemary, Lady Lydia, Garbanzo, Lady Serena, Lady Mary Alice, and Lady Isabella! (We all had special "renaissancey" names for the day...well except Lydia, her name was already renaissancey sounding)
Lady Lydia and Annut the court jester.

Natalie Sibille, Claire, Lydia, Natalie LaCombe, and I meeting Queen Elizabeth!
Natalie and Natalie in the carriage when we went for a ride in a horse drawn carriage!



And ME in the front of the carriage! I got to drive a little while too!
Natalie Sibille and I after we got home. This is on the white bridge close to my house.
On the bridge again switching my tiara for her hat...ha ha.

I love this picture of Natalie running down the hill!
It was a really great day! My favorite parts were probably being onstage for Garbanzo's show and riding in the carriage. I got to throw a torch that was lit to Garbanzo while he was already juggling two other ones! It was fun! Riding in the carriage was fun, too. Only, the lady driving the carriage talked my head off about horses and riding them and so on. She just kept going on and on and on. I was very polite and I think she confused my politeness with interest. So, she just kept talking on and on about it...but other than that, it was great!
Now, there's just one more little story I have to tell before I go. On the way there we passed "Bass Pro Shop" and Nathan and his friend Nick both freaked out! They were about to seriously jump out of the van. They were begging Mom to stop there on the way home. So, when were heading home, Mom whispered to me to cover Nathan and Nick's eyes when we were passing it. She was only joking, and I was the only one who even heard it. So, I decided that I would just go ahead and give it a shot and try not to let them notice that we were passing it. I went through this whole charade of that I had a surprise for them and made them not look and made all kinda noise like I was looking for their "surprise". I was so excited, we were passing it and I had been successful, then Claire says "Hey. Look. We just passed Bass Pro Shops." Well, of course Claire had no idea that we had been trying to distract them...she thought that I really had a surprise for them. It was pretty funny. Of course the boys started having hysterics again, trying to get Mom to stop....
Well that's all for now!

4 comments:

Nichole Stanford said...

I love the tiara!

Just A Girl said...

Beautfiul dresses. You must be a great seamstress like your Mom! Very cool.

Claire Stanford said...

Very neat. Love the pictures. The last part was very funny!

Love,
Claire

Just A Girl said...

OK, time to post. It's been too long.