Monday, December 8, 2008

Catching up....

Oops...it's been awhile since I actually posted anything.

So, first I need to just mention that Twilight was awesomely wonderful (of course, not as good as the book, but still quite enjoyable). We went to the midnight premier of it at the Grand Theatre in Lafayette. It was really fun. Natalie S. dressed as Bella and I dressed as Alice! We even put some temporary hair color (I put "color" instead of "dye" cause Natalie L., who is attending cosmetology school would fuss at me if I didn't) in my hair to make it darker. (Everybody said that it would stain my blonde hair, but my hair doesn't work like average hair and I knew all along that it would be just fine...I don't really know how I knew, but I did and guess what? Now it's all back to normal....) So, anyway, like I said the movie was fantastic and worth waiting in line at the movie theatre from 10:00-12:00...(that part was a little stressful, though because the theatre was so unorganized...our ticket said that we were gonna be in Room 13, but they told us to go to Room 3....or something like that...very confusifying). But it was fun watching the giant clock on the wall. Everytime a minute would pass, the minute hand moved an entire foot!! We got very good seats, when we finally got to go in and sit. Finally the movie started and was great great great! (And I've seen it two more times since then!)

Now, moving on...We had a good Thanksgiving Break. Although, I did have to do school a couple of days because Thursday and Friday, I didn't get to much done. (Thursday, I went to Natalie Sibille's until it was time for the movie and then I just spent the night over there). And Tuesday was a pretty awful day...I'm not entirely sure why, but it was just simply terrible. I had to do school and help Mr. Terry (Rachel, Becca, and Tessa's dad) outside. He was getting rid of the stump leftover from our tree falling during Hurricane Gustav. And his machine was blowing peices of stump at me and that was very unpleasant. Plus, all day long, Lydia was annoying me with dumb questions and little comments. So, by the end of the day, I was miserable and everybody in the house knew it. And I kept on crying and I didn't know exactly why. So, I went over to Natalie LaCombe's house and just spent some time with her, having fun. That made me feel waaaaay better!

Wednesday morning, I went to babysit for Mrs. Carrie Huguet who just had twin baby boys. It was very fun to take care of them. Oh, and of course, Hattie too. She's a year old and simply adorable! Then Wednesday afternoon, Grandma-Mona and I went shopping together. Not for anything special, just a little grocery shopping (I really needed to get out and about). I didn't plan on it, but I ended up getting a REALLY cute pair of shoes! They're black patent leather with a strap right around the ankle. They are really simple, but oh so cute. Oh and you can take the ankle strap off and wear it with nothing, or you can add a ribbon or something in there if you want!

Thursday, of course, was Thanksgiving. My Dad fried some yummy turkey, and french fries. Grandma-Mona and Pa-Paw brought Pecan Pie and Salad. Aunt Diane and Uncle Steve brought Cornbread Dressing. Aunt Lisa and Uncle Jim brought Rice Dressing. Jennifer made Cheesy Onions, Snap-Bean Casserole, and Fudge. Mom made Cheesy Brocolli, Peasant Bread, Pumpkin Cheescake, and Apple Pie. If you put all of that together, what do you get? A really really really delicious Thanksgiving Dinner! (and lots of leftovers...we're still working on that cornbread dressing and pumpkin cheesecake).

Friday, I went shopping for a little while with Natalie L. and her Aunt Audrey. That was pretty enjoyable. Then, Natalie Sibille came over and we started putting up the Christmas decorations! I LOVE putting up the Christmas decorations! It's SO much fun. I love Christmas time and the first step is to put up the decorations!

Saturday, we were planning on going shopping in Lafayette and going to see Twilight again. But I woke up at 4 AM throwing up all of the red beans and rice that we had for supper...Lydia had been sick and I suppose I got her virus. So, shopping was pretty much cancelled. Natalie and Natalie went to Wal-Mart and then the three of us went to Payless Shoe store cause I really wanted a pair shoes that I had seen there. I was feeling okay enough to do that. And we were just gonna go to the theatre in Opelousas to see Twilight, so I'd be close to home, if I started feeling bad again. Well, I made it through about 3/4 of the movie and then I started feeling real bad and I fell asleep on Natalie L's shoulder. Then they brought me home and none of my family was there, so I just layed down on the couch and fell asleep. When everybody got home, I went in my bed and I slept all night (I mean, I woke up a few times, but I'm telling you, I got like 15 hours of sleep!!!) I woke up Sunday morning feeling all better!

This past week was pretty ordinary. We have auditions for Showcase 2009 coming up, so we've been doing some preparation for that. I'm doing "Omigod You Guys" from Legally Blonde with Natalie, Natalie, Hannah Stewart (who was in Showcase last year), Becca, Tessa, Rachel, and Ashley Brown. So, we practiced that on Tuesday afternoon. Then Thursday, Ashley Brown and I started choreographing a dance that we're gonna do. I hope it comes out good. Mom says that it's looking really pretty.

Wednesday night we had Youth Group. We played a really fun game. One person is "it" and stands behind a chair facing everybody else. Everybody else is divided in half. Half of the people sit in chairs and the other half stands right behind them. When the person who's it winks at one of the people sitting in a chair, then that person has to try to go and sit in the chair right in front of the person who's it. If you're standing behind the person who was winked at, then you gotta hold on to them, so they can't get away. Well, I ended up standing behind Jakie. Let me just explain a little something to ya'll. In my Youth Group, I'm definetely one of the smallest in size....and Jakie is one of the biggest...so everybody was expecting him to easily get away from me. So, when Jakie got winked at, everybody was really surprised when I reached forward and just pulled him back and he couldn't get anywhere. Then they were double surprised when it happened a second time! And then the third time, they were just blown away...and I was starting to feel a little bit sorry for Jakie, cause he was getting beat by me....poor guy. I do have to say though, that I'm alot stronger than I look and all the boys in my Youth Group underestimate me...alot. Anyway, the fourth time we got winked at, Jakie took of running so fast that I only grabbed his sweatshirt instead of his whole shoulder and he was running so fast that I flew out straight behind him and we knocked over the chair he was sitting in and I landed right on top of him...It was pretty hilarious and I think everybody was highly entertained. He did make it to the chair that time. And I'm kinda glad he did.

Friday we had Ponytail Pals and we taught the Legally Blonde song to Ashley and the Vander Molens. Then Natalie Sibille and I picked up her mom from her Papo's house and we went to her house. Saturday, we went shopping at the mall and I got a new necklace from New York and Company that is really pretty, then we went to Hallmark and got ornaments. I got one with Sally Brown and Linus van Pelt on it. Then we went to Roly Poly which is a place where they sell really yummy wraps. I got chicken, chedder cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and honey mustard on it. It was really delicious. Then we went back to the Sibille's house and hung aroud for awhile, then we ate supper. After that, we went back to Opelousas cause Natalie and Mikey were helping Mrs. Dana with her theatre troupe play. I sat up with Natalie in the light booth. The theatre troupe kids were performing plays that they had written themselves, and I must admit that they were quite.......special....It was entertaining...and not neccessarily in a good way. But, hopefully they're learning alot.....

Sunday (yesterday) we went to church. We had practice for our Christmas Play. Then me and Natalie L. worked in the nursery. And it was First Sunday Luncheon (which is our monthly church potluck dinner), so we stayed and ate lunch at church. After church, Natalie L. and I went shopping. I found my Christmas outfit! It's so pretty! It's a burgundy and black dress. I like it alot! Last night, Mom, Lydia, and I went to a thingy at Jade and Jennifer's church that was all about proving Genisis and the story of Creation right. It was really cool.

Now today is just a normal Monday. I have schoolwork waiting for me and Mom telling me to get back to that, so I better go now! So, that's all for now!

3 comments:

Claire Stanford said...

Gracie I wish I could type faster because I would write allot of stuff like you do! I didn't read everything because I have school work to do too. But I did read most of it and you had a busy week! Well hopefully I will see you sometime b4 Christmas.

Claire :)

Just A Girl said...

Finally, a post! All my clicking over here has been rewarded, at last. How about a snow post?

gracie said...

I'm getting there, Jennifer...I've been working on it. Ha ha...