Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas Parties!

Well, Natalie and I had a wonderful time at our party and so did everybody who came! But, first I have to tell all about everything that happened before the party!

We went to my cousin-in-law's baby shower. It was cute, but we didn't really know anybody, so it was a little boring. But we did play a funny game. They had melted chocolate candy bars in diapers and you had to smell the candy to figure out what kind it was. It was very funny! And I got them all right!! But I didn't win the prize because another person got them all right, too, so they put our names in a bag and pulled and my name didn't get pulled...but it was still very fun cause I know that I know my chocolates!

After the shower, I went and met Natalie at her Aunt Audrey's house. She was getting some decorations from her aunt for our party. We stayed there for a couple minutes, then we left and went to the grocery store to get a few things that we needed. After that, we went to my house and did some getting ready for the party. She was freaking out because it was almost time for the party and we weren't quite ready. So, I tried to calm her down and it didn't work...so, I gave up instead of getting mad. Because I wanted to stay happy and cheerful. Then, she went to her house to clean up some stuff and put up the decorations. I stayed behind to get dressed and soon Natalie S. showed up, so we got dressed together. When it was time, we went over to Natalie L.'s house. And before we knew it people were getting there.

The party was wonderful! I promise to put pictures very soon, but at this very moment I don't have access to them because they are all on Natalie Sibille's camera...

Yesterday (Sunday), I had church. Then, Sunday afternoon, we went to "Rhythms on the River". It was a Christmas thingy in River Ranch in Lafayette. There was singing and gumbo and hot chocolate. And there was a trolley ride. The trolley ride was probably my favorite part! It was very fun! Me and Lydia stood all the way in the back and waved and yelled "Merry Christmas" when we saw people. Yeah...it doesn't take too very much to entertain us...

After the thing in River Ranch, I was going to a Christmas party hosted by my friend Anna-Maria and two other girls. It was a Renaissance Christmas party. I wore the dress that I had made for Natalie Sibille when we went to the Renaissance Festival. So, since I wasn't gonna go prancing around River Ranch in a Renaissance costume, we had to find somewhere for me to change before getting to the party. So, we stopped at a Raising Canes...and they said that we could use their bathroom to get dressed...it was pretty humorous. The best part was when two old ladies came into the bathroom and started ooooing and aaaahing about my dress. Thankfully, there weren't too many people eating at Raising Canes at that time. So, I didn't have to model my costume in front of a full restaurant. The party was very enjoyable. We visited alot. And there was a girl named Sofia who could play the harp and so she played the harp alot. Oh my goodness! It was BEAUTIFUL! I could have listened to her play all night! And it looked so perfect seeing her sitting there in the long dress with big sleeves playing!

Supper was pretty interesting. We had pumpkin soup, bread, roasted potatoes, parsnips, green peas, apples (that were all cinnamony and tasted like the inside of an apple pie...YUM!), some ham, and alot of other food that I don't quite remember. I wish very much that I had pictures from the party, but I just don't. I may be able to get some from Anna-Maria, but I don't know. So...we'll see....

Today, all I've done so far is go and babysit Zoe and then eat lunch. So, I'm gonna blog some more when something else interesting happens in my life!

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

What a fabulous time you are having! I am jealous of all your parties. Share some pics.