Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Break

Well, Christmas is all over...but it was great while it was going on! Christmas Eve, we went to my Aunt Dianne and Uncle Steve's house (that's my mom's brother and his wife). It was a very enjoyable evening! I wore my new dress (I had a matching sweater, too, but I didn't exactly get to wear that since it was so hot...) Jade, Jennifer, and family came, Nony and Frank came, Grandma Mona and Paw-Paw came, Uncle Jim, Aunt Lisa, Pete, and Joey came! It was very fun! We had some good food, good music, and even some dancing too! And of course, me, Nathan, Pete, Joey, and Claire did our yearly Christmas Eve tradition of going out in the field next to Aunt Dianne and Uncle Steve's house and scaring ourselves with the old abandoned cars. I don't know why, but those cars freak us out. One year, (a few years ago) me, Nathan, and Pete were positive that we saw a guy in there moving around. I'm sure it was our overactive imaginations, but we often let those imaginations of ours get the best of us...

Christmas morning, I woke up to mom and Nony singing "We won't go until we get some, we won't go until we get some, we won't go until we get some, so bring some right now!" They made sure I was awake and a few seconds later, I could hear them serenading from Nathan's room: "We wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas, we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!" It was wonderful to hear them doing that. It reminds me of a Christmas years and years ago. It must have been right after Jade first moved out of the house because there was no Nathan and me and Nony each had our own rooms. But I was sleeping in Jade's old bed and Mom and Nony came in with a cup of hot chocolate for me and singing Christmas songs. I can even remember the mug that they had my hot chocolate in. We still have it...it was white.

But anyway, we went in the living room and did our tradition of starting off Christmas with Jesus and reading the REAL Christmas story, before getting all wrapped up in our presents (hee hee...wrapped up....). As far as presents, I didn't get anything too very memorable this year. I am really looking forward to Jade and Jennifer's present, though. I got a gift card to use at Forever 21 when it opens at the Mall of Louisiana! We're gonna be doing some shopping there for Claire's birthday party and Jennifer and I are supposed to be picking out a real cute outfit for me! My mom and dad gave me the American GIrl Samantha and Nellie mini dolls, since they're supposed to be retiring and I won't be able to get them anymore. So, I was glad to get those cause, yes, I still love my American Girl Dolls. And Grandma Mona and Paw Paw gave me some real pearl earrings and that was very special!

Friday, the day after Christmas, I went and spent the night with Krista (even though I had invited Natalie S. to come over....we had a very huge ordeal with her being unable to come and being quite upset about it. There are alot more details, but I'm not gonna go there...to say the least it was frustrating). But, I ended up having a wonderful time at the Hamontree's house. Well, except for the first hour and a half when Krista wasn't there yet...

Saturday, I stayed at Krista's house until around 3:30 and then I went over to Natalie LaCombe's house. Her dad wanted to treat us to a movie and supper. So, guess what movie we decided to go see? Twilight! Of course! But, when we arrived at the Grand Theatre, both shows were already SOLD OUT! So, we drove to the other theatre in Lafayette to see if they were gonna have some showings of Twilight and (oh joy!) they did! But, it wasn't until 9:20. So, we went to Cici's Pizza and ate supper first...then we had like an hour to kill. So we went in the arcade and played some games, then we went and sang songs in the really echoey bathroom. Then we went to see Natalie's sister Brooks at the restaurant that she works at. And finally, it was time to go to the movie theatre! When we got there, it was pouring down rain, so we had a little fiasco with the one umbrella...and a little miscommunication (Mr. Russel ended up wet...). But we made it and enjoyed the movie as much as always! Mr. Russel was hilarious while watching it. He would respond out loud to things going on in the movie and it was just cracking us up. I was a little worried that he was disturbing the people sitting right next to us, but they were highly entertained by him...

Sunday was church in the morning of course. Hannah and I sat together at church, which was something we hadn't done in a while (we used to do it all the time when we were little). Then Hannah came over to my house after church. It was so wonderful to spend an afternoon with her. I hadn't gotten to in so long. Hannah always has homework or studying or something to do with school that prevents us from getting together. But finally we did! Me, Hannah, and Natalie LaCombe sewed Natalie's "Serena" costume for Showcase. Then we all went and spent the night at the LaCombe's house. We got Pringles, Corn chips, chili, cheese, and coke and watched "Mamma Mia". Natalie fell asleep...of course, but Hannah enjoyed it!

Hannah had to leave in the morning cause she wasn't feeling so great, but I'm glad that she felt good Sunday night. We had a great time!

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Fun stuff. I finished Twilight in two days. I am getting the second one Sunday from my friend. I really need to see the movie now. Can't wait until next weekend! Fun! Fun! Fun!