Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year!

Happy Happy New Year!

I had a wonderful New Years and New Years Eve! Natalie LaCombe and I went to Natalie Sibille's house on New Years Eve. Ashley Brown went too. We had lots of very scrumptious food. My favorites were the cheeseball that Natalie S. made, the mexican cornbread that Natalie S. made, and the cookie bars that Mrs. Tara (Natalie Sibille's momsie) made! We practiced one of our songs for showcase that me, Ashley, and the Natalies are gonna be in. We even practiced it in our costumes! Then we went outside in our costums and popped some fireworks. We were freezing! But we didn't exactly care...There were some really pretty ones! One of them didn't go up in the air and it popped right there in the yard and it was very huge, but thankfully nobody was harmed. And now that we know that everybody was safe, I can say that it actually looked really cool for that gigantic firework to pop right in their yard!

Ashley couldn't spend the night and she had to leave before we were ready for her to! We stayed up very late...well me, Natalie Sibille, and Mikey did. Natalie LaCombe went to bed early...as usual. But, me and Natalie S. did each other's makeup and then she curled my hair. We expected it to come out looking very funny, but it ended up looking very cute! It looked like a hairstyle from the 40's. So, we put on sunglasses and scarves (mine was around my neck and Natalie had hers around her head like a bonnet thing). We looked like old Hollywood movie stars! Then we pulled out some old clothes that were from Natalie's grandmother and they were SO cute! We put them on and made a bunch of really cute 40's style outfits and then got Mikey to take pictures of us. The pictures came out very cute, hopefully I can post some of them soon, but right now they're all on Natalie's camera, so I shall have to get them later.

Then yesterday we slept really late. When we woke up it was lunch time and Mrs. Tara had, of course, fixed cabbage (in the form of coleslaw) and black eyed peas along with some other very delicious food! Then I invited Natalie S. to spend the night at my house. And (hooray!) she could come, so we got all our stuff together and left to come back to my house. We had a very wonderful time. We watched a recording of the Broadway show "Thoroughly Modern Millie". It was a very good show....very entertaining. During the show, we got a phone call....It was a girl named Kristen....calling for Nathan. Hee hee hee.... He wasn't home. He was spending the night at Pete and Joey's house (our cousins). But, apparently this girl lives across the street from one of Nathan's friends and seems to be interested in Nathan and gave him her number...Next time she calls, I'm tempted to say "Sorry, he's not here. He's at the movies with Sarah..." Mom doesn't quite know what to do about this situation yet...

Today, Natalie slept really late, so I took a shower while she was sleeping. Then when she FINALLY woke up we ate lunch and then we went to Wal-Mart to get some t-shirts. We're making shirts that say a cute little phrase on it. Then Natalie had to leave. So, now me, Mom, Dad, and Lydia are just having a quiet uneventful evening at home. Of course...usually when it seems quiet and uneventful, something usually comes along and changes that...ha ha. Well that's all for now!

3 comments:

Just A Girl said...

What's the cute phrase??? The suspense is killing me.

gracie said...

I suppose you'll have to wait and see when I wear it!

Nichole Stanford said...

Girls are calling Nathan, aarrghh! Too soon, too soon!