Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Zoe Sophia Uhl.....

Okey dokey...I think it's about time I put a post up that's all about a little darlin named Zoe. I babysit and "teach" her every Tuesday and Wednesday mornings. She is a character....She's the youngest in the family and also the only girl out of 4 kids...so she's sort of a little princess. She's about 2 1/2 years old, but I tell you, she thinks she runs the Uhl houshold...


She can really be a sweetie, though. Sometimes she'll just be standing next to me and all of a sudden look up at me and say, "Hold you?" So, I'll pick her up and she'll say, "I wus you!" (I love you, in Zoe Language). So adorable....

And Zoe loves her Gracie. Well I love her too!

Just about every morning that I go over there, we go for a walk. No matter what the weather is. (Unless is SUPER cold...or pouring down rain...) But, most mornings we go for a walk in the park and around their neighborhood. And while we walk, I usually sing to her. Mostly broadway songs...ha ha. My most popular songs to sing to her are: "Off To Massachusetts" from Little Women: The Musical, "Some Things Are Meant To Be" from Little Women: The Musical, "Once Upon A December" from Disney's Anastasia, "Reflection" from Disney's Mulan, and others. But, those are her favorites. Yesterday, she asked me to sing the "ride a kite" song (which is "Some Things Are Meant To Be" the first line is: "Let's pretend we're riding on a kite..." Then she wanted me to sing "Matchachusetts"...so cute!

She can be pretty canaille (that's pronounced cuh-NIE for all you illiterate Cajuns!)*** too. She was sitting in a white rocking chair and banging it against the wall, which wasn't gonna be too good for the paint. So, I told her to stop and she did. But, of course, as soon as I turned away from her to talk to John Vincent (her brother), she started again. I turned back to look at her and I just looked at her real seriously and didn't say anything. At first, she had a really ashamed and guilty expression on her face, but after a second, she smiled real big (and I was still frowning at her) and said "I wus you too!!!"

Also, the other day, when she got a spanking for ripping some paint off her wall, she got up after her dad was finished spanking her and said "That hurt my butt!"....Zoe, Zoe, Zoe. She make me laugh.

She has a kitchen that has a bunch of fake food and she always gives me some in a bowl. As soon as her back is turned, I hide the food behind a pillow or in my pocket or something. When she comes back, I say "Ooo! That was good! Thank you!" And I give her the empty bowl. The expression on her face is simply priceless! She is so confused! She looks in my hands, then back to the bowl. Then she opens my mouth and says, "You eat it?" Later, when I show her where the food was hidden she just says, "Thank you".

There is alot more that I could say about Zoe, but I think I'll stop here for now. I know that there'll be more funny stories in the future though! So, I'll just be going now!


***Spelling and pronounciation sentence from the Future Dr. Nichole Crocco

2 comments:

Nichole Stanford said...

Excellent use of "canaille." I commend you. And you're a great story-teller! I'm seeing some good organization and other indications that we have a budding writer here!

Just A Girl said...

I couldn't agree more. What a lovely story about Zoe. She looks so much like Wilder to me. Thanks for sharing.