Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Showcase 2009 Rehearsals

Showcase is being really fun this year! So far I'm in a few songs and a few skits and they're all very entertaining.

Last night we practiced only songs and dances. Only, none of the dancers were there, so we ended up only practicing songs. Me, Natalie, Natalie, Ashley Brown, Becca, Tessa, and Rachel are doing the opening song from Legally Blonde: The Musical. Me, Mikey, and Natalie are doing a song that we discoverated on the internet called "That Wicky Wacky Hula Hula Honka Wonka Honalulu Hawaiian Honey Of Mine". It's a pretty hilarious song. Then, I think I'm probly gonna sing a song from Thoroughly Modern Millie called "Gimme, Gimme", but I'm not sure about that one yet.

This morning I babysat Zoe. She was quite adorable, as usual. When I got there, she was absolutely naked...so I got her dressed...we had fun. She got a little tiny kitchen for Christmas and she was "baking" me food. I would pretend to eat it and then, when her back was turned, I'd stick it in my coat pocket. Then, I'd show her the empty plate and she was completely baffled! She knew the food was fake and it totally confusified her, cause she knew I couldn't really eat it. So, she would pull my mouth open and then, with a very confused expression say, "You eat all of it?" It was cracking me up...

Then, I came home and did school. Me and Mom finished reading "Romeo and Juliet". It was so good! I actually loved it! I can't wait to see the movie, because Mom said that now that we're done reading it, we can rent the movie! I always knew that it was a good story because it's such a classic. But, I would forget that I was even doing schoolwork when we were doing it. We would get so into the story and taking turns reading (we would play different people...I was always Juliet) that we would forget to answer the questions in the lesson and we'd have to answer a bunch. I don't think I've enjoyed a schoolbook as much as that one in a while!

This afternoon we had tutoring at the Hope on the Hill house. I helped Amber and Trevon with science study guides and division problems...well actually mostly helped Amber. Trevon was fine on his own. Then I helped Tavian and another guy, who's name I don't really know...I like working with Tavian the best. He's really funny and makes it easier to help him cause he's so entertaining, but we're both so talkative and easily distracted, that sometimes we don't get too much done. I had to help those two with multiplication tables. When "What's-his-name" couldn't figure out the answer (Tavian knew all of them), we would "make a beat" and "What's-his-name" would rap "Seven times nine equals sixty-three" etc. It was really fun...until we got hushed by the people in the next room because we were disrupting them. Then I taught the little drama class that I do for them over there. It was fun, as usual. But today all the kids were really, really hyper and full of energy, so it was hard to keep them focused and having creative ideas...

Tonight, we practiced the skits at showcase practice. I'm in some awesome skits. My favorite is the one where we're doing some sort of scene. I play a person playing a mom whose son is shot and dying and calls a doctor...you get the idea. Anyway, the first time we go through it, we are all completely emotionless and the director asks us to repeat it with a little more emotion. So, the second time we go through it really over-emotional. Then, she asks us to do it with less emotion, but a little bit faster. So we do it super fast. Then, she tells us to slow down, so we do it in slow motion. Then she just gets mad and quits...Everybody who was watching was laughing so much. I can't wait to do it again when more people are there!

Well, tomorrow, I don't have too much going on. We're doing school, of course, and then I've got rehearsal again. Rehearsal should be fun, though!

2 comments:

Claire Stanford said...

Gracie I really want a ticket. great post. Can't wait until tomorrow!
(LCB)

Just A Girl said...

You've been tagged! Go to my blog to see what to do.