Friday, January 23, 2009

Showcase Opening Night!

Last night was WONDERFUL!! We had a wonderful audience for Opening Night! It feels really good to be onstage again. I hadn't been in any shows since July when we were in "Broadway On 2nd Street". That's a long time! I'm in a few skits a few songs and I love it! My two favorite things that I'm in are "Gimme, Gimme" (not to be confused with "Gimme Gimme Gimme A Mand After Midnight" by ABBA) my solo. It's a song from the musical "Thoroughly Modern Millie". It's the first time I've done a song that's not really "cute". It's really dramatic. And, it was a pretty challenging song to sing. There are two notes that are just belted out and they aren't really the easiest notes to belt, but according to the people in the cast, I do them really well. I can't quite believe that I can sing that song...and sing it well, so it was really, really exciting, last night, when I finished my song and the audience just went crazy! It made my spirits soar and my heart feel really happy! I couldn't stop smiling! And everybody backstage just made it better. Mom, Natalie Sibille, Ashley Brown, and Hannah Stewart all made me feel really, really good when I came off the stage! It was a really wonderful experience!

My other favorite part of the show is the "Doctor Skit". I was talking about that one is one of my other posts. But the audience last night was laughing SO SO SO loudly during that skit. It was crazy! I had such a hard time not laughing! I know I came really close to laughing a couple times. But tonight, that will not happen. Not even close. I'm just not going to let that happen. Nope, nope, nope! I'm determined!

Well, that's all for now! I hope tonight's performance is just as wonderful as last night...well better cause I don't wanna even almost laugh during the Doctor Skit!

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Great! I'm glad you guys did a good job. How did your mom's song go? And what about your wicky wacky song?

gracie said...

My mom did awesome! Of course! And the wicky wacky song went great too!