Monday, June 1, 2009

New York Trip Days 4 and 5

Since I never posted anything about these days, I felt like my blog would be incomplete without them, so I am taking the responsibility to finish off my New York trip before I move on to further posts.


Sunday morning, I had a complete and total "Classic Dramatic Gracie Meltdown". I was having issues figuring out what to wear. I had 2 outfits and some missing accesessories. It was really stressful. And I ended up wearing my same dress that I wore for the wedding. Which is exactly what I wanted to do. So, after that crisis was over, we went to the Grand Chalet in Wayne, New Jersey.


It was lovely! We took pictures...and more and more and more and more pictures...And I was definetely freezing outside.


Finally we went inside and we, being the family of the bride got a special entrance. Then I sat at a table with all of Frank's brothers and their families. It was a very enjoyable event. The food was delicious! First there was breakfast on one side, then later, lunch on the other. There was a live band. They played some wonderful music! Including a Cajun song and "You Are My Sunshine" the Louisiana state song. It was such a beautiful day! And I don't mean the weather, because, if I remember correctly, it was overcast. But inside, it was georgeous.


I ate so much food, that I thought I wouldn't eat until the next week!! But of course, for supper that night, Mrs. Rosina and Mr. Giuseppe made some real Italian spaghetti....


Monday morning, we woke up, ate some delicious breakfast (of course there was plenty of it). Then we all squeezed in their car to go to the airport. It was time to go home.... :-(


Our trip home was very smooth. When we were on the plane we saw some amazing clouds. It looked like we were on Antarctica!! It was really pretty!

Then later, when we were about to land in Lafayette, I was listening to "Defying Gravity". It was almost at the climax, you know, "Tell them how I am defying gravity, I'm flying high deFYing gravity..." when they made the announcement that we were landing soon and all electronics needed to be turned off. Well, I decided that I just HAD to hear the end of the song! So, I kept listening, and they announced it again! So, I just listened to right past my favorite part, then I turned it off. Right after I turned it off, we hit some turbulence and the landing gear came out (and we were on the little Lafayette/Altlanta plane) and it made a big loud noise, and I thought, "Oh my gosh, I broke the plane!" But thankfully we landed safely.

When we got home, it was really good to be home. But I missed New York and all of it's Big City Beauty. Some people may think mountains are pretty, and other's might think crystal clear blue water is pretty, but for me, cement and sky scrapers and neon lights and best of all, theatres are simply georgeous!!

No comments: