Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Double Pirouettes and Dress Rehearsals

I had a very adventurous Monday...

I woke up only be informed that Sophie, our cat, was having kittens. So, we all were in the living room where Mom had set up a little bed for her seeing the brand new baby kittens. There are 3 little kittens. One is white with a gray head, one is a little mini Sophie (a gray striped tabby cat), and the other one is black, I think. They're very teeny tiny! Sophie is being a good mommy. She's really tense and alert. At any little noise, she sits up, pricks up her ears and looks all around. Lottie, our puppy, would really like to meet them, but unless she wants to lose a nose or something, she better stay away. Lottie is like a scary monster to Sophie and her kittens and there's no way Sophie will tolerate Lottie for very long...

Grandma-Mona came over to meet the new additions, too. She stayed for a very long time too! Until almost lunch time! But, in that time, we all had some good conversations. AND we convinced her to come to New York City next month with us!! She and I are gonna be roomates! Woo hoo! She said she hopes I don't snore. I said she should be glad her and Lydia aren't gonna be roomates!

When Grandma-Mona left, we ate lunch. Then we got ready for dancing....then we went to dancing. It was a good day for me in ballet and jazz! Ballet, was just great because I felt like I was getting all the combinations right and really feeling pretty and graceful when I was doing them! In jazz, we were doing some combinations with pirouettes in them. Mrs. Shayna told us that if we were already good at pirouettes, that we could try a double pirouette and that it might fit in with the music better anyway. So, I decided to try. And guess what!?!? I did it!!! I was unbelievably excited!! I got it finally! I'd been trying to do a double pirouette for the longest time! Sometimes I could get around twice, but not well and usually it was just 1 1/2 or 1 3/4...but not yesterday!! Yesterday, I did it a bunch of times, and they felt good and right! I am still very proud of myself for that accomplishment!

From dancing, we headed to the theatre for our dress rehearsal. The way me and Mikie planned to do it was this: Mikie would do ALL the lights and sound for one dress rehearsal and I'd do ALL the lights and sound for the other one. Well, last night was Mikie's night...so I was pretty bored. Ashley Brown didn't make it to rehearsal...we don't know why, but anyway, she wasn't there. So, they were short one person backstage. Since, I wasn't doing the lights, last night, I offered to take Ashley's place backstage. Well, let me tell you, backstage is not easy in this show! Those guys are always running offstage grabbing props, costumes, and in Jay's case, wigs (he plays almost all of the girl characters). Ashley usually is Jay's costume and prop person, so I had my work cut out for me....and on top of all that, I had NO idea what I was doing! It was pretty overwhelming! But, it was funny. One, time Jay ended up with his skirt around his neck....They told me that I actually was helpful...a little...I had fun though!

After practice, I showed Natalie, Mikie, Megan, and Duncan my double pirouettes and they were adequately impressed. When I got home, I tried to show my mom my double pirouette, but it didn't work!! I was so thoroughly angry with myself....I tried and tried, finally I got it, but not as amazing as it felt earlier...

Well, okay...that's my Monday for you!!

No comments: