Thursday, October 30, 2008

"A Comedy Of Errors" (Performance at Parc International)

Today, me, Mom, Lydia, Natalie Sibille, Krista, and Krista's little sister, Elaine went to go see a play that was performed outside at a park in downtown Lafayette. It was called "A Comedy Of Errors" and it was written by Shakespeare. It was wonderful! The acting was great and I learned things from watching them. Actually, they were the same actors that were in the play that me and Natalie Sibille saw yesterday (Wednesday). After the show yesterday, we got to talk to them and they were SO nice and answered a bunch of questions that we had about where to go to school and where they went to school for acting. So, that was really awesome, but anyways, back to tonight! My favorite part of the play was a part that wasn't even in the script. Since, it was an outside performance, there were lots of outside noises. Well, one of those noises happened to be a train! The train horn was so loud that the two actors onstage couldn't be heard over it. One of them (between train whistles) said "Is that the Gravy Train?" since they were having a conversation about getting supper. It was so funny and entertaining to watch them improv onstage like that! That's one of the things that I LOVE about live theatre...just that you always have that risk of something going wrong and just having to keep going and ad lib if you have to. It was so great! I loved the show!

Plus, before the show, they had a costume contest. Me, Natalie, and Lydia wore our "You're A Good Man, Charlie Brown" costumes. (I was Sally Brown, Natalie was Lucy van Pelt, and Lydia was Woodstock). During intermission, they announced the winners. We won 2nd Place!! We won some tickets to a show called "100 Years of Broadway"...which ironically enough is a show that me and Natalie auditioned for just yesterday! (we're gonna find out the results of the audition on Monday! I can't wait, but I'll tell more about that in a later post).

Okay, well it's 11:00 and I better go get ready for bed....Goodnight Everybody!

1 comment:

Claire Stanford said...

gracie not to put anybody else down but you are the best blog writer I know! You always use the best words. It's just good! Let's just put it that way! Hey and we need to get together soon!
love,
claire:-)