Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The REST of The Wedding

Okey dokey...now I can finish telling all about the wedding! Now...where was I?

Oh yes! The reception!

It was so cool seeing family, friends (from church and other friends), and all of Frank's family all at the same place at the same time. It was also a little weird...I didn't quite know who to talk to. So, I just walked around and talked to everybody! Of course, everytime I'd start talking to somebody, then another bridesmaid or Nony or Mom would come and tap me on the shoulder and say "They need the bridal party! It's time for the toast!" or "You have to go dance with the person you walked with!" or something like that. It was so fun and chaotic! And like I said, I LOVE chaos! (Even though my mom sometimes gets a little tired of it!)

So, anyways, for the toast I got my very first taste of champagne! I was quite nervous! I didn't wanna make an awful face up there in front of everybody if I didn't like it, so Morgan and Anne were both telling me all about it, so I wouldn't get surprised!

My favorite part of the reception was probably the dancing! Because I danced with such fun people. The first dance was with Angelo, Frank's brother that I walked down the aisle with. That was the bridal party dance. After that, I danced with anybody who would dance with me. Then I danced with my big brother, Jade! He's is my very favorite person to dance with! I just have so much fun with him! We don't do the traditional normal dances...we make up our own stuff and we have the most fun that way!! I danced with Ethan next. He was a great dance partner. Alot more fun than my brother, Nathan, who won't dance at all. I danced with Owen, Blythe, Frank, Paw-Paw, Mom, Morgan, Jenn, Nony....the list just keeps on going! The one person that I didn't dance with that I'm dissapointed about is Dad. We were certainly supposed to dance together, but it just didn't happen :-(...Ethan and Owen kept coming back and tugging on my dress and asking me to dance with them again. It was very sweet!

We danced and danced until the music stopped and we did the charivery (now I know I spelled that wrong, but I cannot remember how that's spelled). Charivery is a Cajun tradition of banging on pots and pans after the couple is married. It was fun! We didn't have real pots and pans, but we had little mini tin pan thingys that we all banged together and made a bunch of noise with! It was a really spectacular way to end the night!

We headed outside cause we were told that the new couple wanted to use the hot tub, so they kicked us all out...When we were saying our goodbyes we all expected it to be about 11:30 PM, but it was only 8:45 PM!!!

So, me, Lydia, Mom and Mrs. Nancy came home and looked at some of the pictures that Mrs. Nancy took at the wedding and talked until about 11:30 PM. And after that, we finally went to bed. It was a loooooooooong day, but also one of the best days! I hope it was really special for Nony and Frank!! They just seemed to be exploding with happiness all afternoon, so it seems like it was!

No comments: