Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, Monday, Monday...

Well, I don't usually like Mondays, but today was actually pretty great for a Monday!

This morning I went to go babysit Zoe. That was pretty fun. She was in a good mood today and I enjoyed teaching her and babysitting her.

Then, I came home and did a little bit of school and ate lunch.

After lunch, I went for a bike ride and talked to Natalie Sibille while I was riding cause she's didn't go to school today (she was kinda sick). Then, I stopped at Grandma-Mona and Pawpaw's house to show Grandma-Mona my new haircut. We got into a big long conversation sitting out on her patio. It was wonderful! I got her talking about all sorts of things. She told me the story of when her and Pawpaw met. It was a really sweet story. A "love at first sight" kinda story! She also told me about one time when they were supposed to be going to stay somewhere together for a week with some people they knew. This was before they were married and Pawpaw came to pick up Grandma-Mona from her house, but they had stayed out very late together the night before (till like 2:00 or 3:00 AM! I can't imagine my grandparents staying up till 10 or 11, much less 2 or 3!!) so, Grandma-Mona wasn't ready in the morning when he came to get her. So, he got very angry and just left her and went without her.

Well, Grandma-Mona wasn't getting left behind. She was very angry and called up the bus station and found out that she could ride a bus to the place that they were supposed to be going. So, she gathered all her things (which, by the way, had been packed much ahead of time, she'd really been looking forward to this trip) and put on her cute little hat (cause cute little hats were very much in style in the year 1949!). She rode out there on the bus and met Pawpaw. He was so surprised that he couldn't even be angry anymore! She said they had the most romantic time out there together! Soon, he proposed to her and they were engaged!

I stayed with Grandma-Mona MUCH longer than I'd planned, so I didn't get too much schoolwork done before it was time for dancing. So, we went to dancing and had a very nice class, then came home and I ate a little snack and now here I am! I don't have anymore plans for today, except maybe I might watch "Dancing With The Stars" tonight...

1 comment:

Just A Girl said...

Hey, Gracie! Love the blog. I have missed so many posts. Great pictures, too. Keep it up. I'm checking on you everyday.