Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Just a Tuesday....

Today was a very nice day! Last night we had the newlywed Crocco's over for supper and Mrs. Nancy Scrugham, who is my little sister Lydia's godmother and an old friend of the family. She had come down from Nashville, Tennessee for Nony's wedding. Nony and Frank aren't going on their honeymoon, yet. They'll be going to Italy next summer, I think. Italy is where Frank's parents are from. They speak Italian and everything! And they have accents! It's so cool!



Nony and Frank left pretty early...around 9:00 PM, but Mrs. Nancy stayed very late. We played cards (Spoons and Shang Hai) for a very long time. And we all ate dessert. I think we each had something different cause we have any kind of dessert you could possibly want in our house right now...We have stuff left from the shower, the Rehearsal Dinner, and plenty of cake left from the wedding. Oh and by the way, the cakes that Natalie made for the wedding were simply divine! The red velvet bride's cake was pretty yummy, but it had a little more frosting than I usually like, but the groom's cake (which was an Italian flag...) was AMAZING!!! It was so scrumptious!! So that's what I ate last night. Mom had pumpkin cheesecake and I'm not really sure what everybody else had, but if you want it, then we've probly got it...



So, we stayed up quite late last night with Mrs. Nancy, but my lovely mother let us sleep in this morning, which made me very, very happy! When I woke up (at 9:30 AM), I stayed in bed for awhile, and then got up finally and took a shower. I still had my hair up from the wedding and when I took it down I had a truck load of bobby pins and a gallon of hairspray holding it up (which is probly why it lasted 3 days and still looked kinda good). So when I took all those bobby pins out my hair just kinda stayed up! So, I went and washed it...now it's back to normal...ha ha.



We did a tiny bit of school today. I'm homeschooled and usually my mom likes to stay on schedule, but the last week and a half, she's been very leniant with school since we've been doing so much stuff for the wedding. So, we didn't do too much school today.



Around 2:30 PM, me and Mom left to go get Nony and Frank to bring them to the airport. They had a plane back to New York to catch...



We had a very sweet little while over there at the airport. We only had about 15 or 20 minutes together, but they were some very special minutes. Frank even called me "sis"! That was so sweet! When I was telling Nony bye, we just stood there hugging and talking for awhile. When I realized that she was going back up to New York and wouldn't be home until after Christmas, I almost lost it and started crying....I was really close. But, I pulled myself together and gave them hugs and we left... :-(



Later, we went to visit Mrs. Carrie Huguet who just had twin baby boys. Their names are Jackson and Samuel. Those little baby boys are ADORABLE! It was my first time getting to meet them and they were very, very cute! Mrs. Carrie also has a 1-year-old daughter named Hattie who is a cutie too! I babysit for her sometimes.



Well, tomorrow is Wednesday and I love Wednesdays. I have Hope For Opelousas tutoring that me and Mom help out with (I'll tell more about that tomorrow) and Youth Group at church, which is always very fun, so tomorrow should be a very nice day too!



That's all for now!

No comments: