Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Nony's Wedding

Well I had an AMAZING weekend!!! My older sister Nichole (who I call Nony) got married this weekend! It was such a wonderful weekend!

Friday night we had a surprise bachelorette party for her! Only I don't really know if it was a total surprise...I think she figured out that there was something going on...It was really fun, except that Nony wasn't feeling especially good. She had a tummy ache or something. And Frank (her fiancee' at the time, but now her husband!) and his family's plane had been delayed when they were leaving from New York, so they missed their next connecting flight in Houston. So Nony was a little upset about that...cause they were supposed to arrive Friday night, but they wouldn't be getting there till Saturday morning...But she still enjoyed herself, I think! She was surprised that her friend Jenn was there cause she wasn't supposed to come in until Saturday. So that was fun seeing her be so excited about that...I was a bridesmaid and it was really great meeting all the other bridesmaids. I already knew one of them, but I had only heard about the others or met them briefly. So it was so cool to get to know them better. I had so much fun with Morgan who is one of Nony's friends. We got along really well. And then her friend Jenn was really nice too! And I liked Anne alot too! I really like my sister's friends! Christy was the one that I already knew and it was good to see her again cause I hadn't seen her in a long time! The bachelorette party was at Zeus and I got some very yummy chicken schwarma!

Saturday was the Rehearsal Dinner. I LOVED meeting all of Frank's family. They are Italian and they are so much fun to be around. I sat at a table with all of his brothers and his two friends and Morgan. So, when we served our gumbo, me and Morgan were the only ones that knew what we were doing. So, we helped all the other people serve their bowls. It was pretty funny cause I never have heard anybody give the directions of how to serve gumbo....

My big brother, Jade, and his whole family spent the night at our house Saturday night. That means we had 7 extra people! I loved it! I really love it when our house is full of people and chaos! Jade and his wife Jennifer have 5 kids: Claire-11, Ethan-5, Blythe-4, Owen-3, and Evelyn-9 months. So with Mom, Dad, me, Nathan, and Lydia...we had 12 people in our house!! So fun!

Sunday morning, we didn't go to church cause we had ALOT of getting ready to do. First, I ate breakfast. Then I did my nails. I really wanted to have them be perfect for the wedding. Usually my nails come out quite nicely, but I was being really picky. Plus, I was using dark red nail polish so it showed up every little teeny mistake. It was a small bit frustrating, but finally I achieved almost perfect...Then I moved on to my hair. First I had to curl it and I wanted it to be really curly for the hairdo that I was gonna have. So that took a really long while to do. Thankfully, I had Claire with me to entertain me while I did. She kept doing things that made me laugh (like putting a really messed up Hannah Montana wig on....). After that, Mom fixed it. I must say that I was really nervous about my hair, but I shouldn't have been because Mom did and excelently wonderful job with it! It was exactly what I wanted! Then I got dressed. Oh my goodness! I LOVE LOVE LOVE my bridesmaid dress! It's long and red and the front just looks like a long red waterfall! I just feel so beautiful when I wear it. Then I put on the jewelry that Nony gave all of us bridesmaids. By the way, the jewelry was really georgeous too! Nony has such wonderful taste!

When we were all ready to go, just me and Mom left. We left all the chaos behind at home....Mom had me drive the van there, so she could give herself a pedicure. While we were driving, she requested that I tell her everytime we were about to hit a bump in the road. Since the part of the interstate that we were driving on had alot of bumps, I was just saying, "Bump.....bump................bump.
....bump, bump..................bump.....etc." So Mom said, "Just let me know when we get to a smooth spot..."

Finally, we got there! We went inside and soon, Nony got there too! So, we started getting ready. It was really exciting! All the other bridesmaids were there getting ready too. We were helping each other with hair and makeup. Jenn did my makeup. She told me that I had beautiful lips and eyelashes, which made me feel very happy inside! After we'd been there for awhile, people started arriving. My friend Natalie Sibille, who made the cake, got there with the cake. When they first got there, the cake was a little messed up in one part, but they fixed it up so well, that you couldn't even tell that it was ever messed up. It was quite beautiful! Then more people started getting there! When Frank and the rest of the Crocco's got to Sunny Meade, I happened to be peeking out of the window. When I told Nony that Frank was there, she got all excited and jittery and wanted to peek out and see him! It was really cute! (It's kinda weird to call my big sister cute cause she usually calls me cute...but she really was adorable getting all excited like that)

The time passed pretty fast and before we knew it, it was time to go stand in line and get ready to walk down the aisle! I was so excited and Angelo, Frank's brother who I was walking with, was a little nervous, I think. Morgan and Frank's friend, Dennis were right behind us and they were making me laugh. It was a really great couple of minutes that we stood there. We were all just so very happy! And right now while I'm writing about it, it just makes me feel so happy again!

When we walked out and stood up on the gazebo, everything was just so beautiful! And when Dad and Nony walked out my happiness was in my whole body just bubbling and making me excited and full of energy and I certainly couldn't have stopped smiling if I would have tried! The ceremony seemed perfect! Frank even called Nony "sha" (and just so you know, I know that's not how you spell "sha"....but when you spell it like "cher" it just looks funny), which was really cute and sweet.

After the ceremony, we took pictures. My dear little brother Nathan, who's 13 and knows much better, changed out of his nice wedding clothes into a t-shirt and jeans...That was the one time during all of the wedding and wedding preparation and everything that I saw Nony really get upset. When he walked out wearing that t-shirt and jeans, she said, "NATHAN FEUCHT!" I really couldn't believe my eyes! Mom, Nony, and Jennifer had told him that he better not dare take off his wedding clothes without permission. So, we did our very best to hide his shirt from being in the pictures....I don't know if it worked....I hope so. After we were done taking those pictures, Mom told him to go back and put on his dressy clothes. Nathan playfully asked, "Mom? Are you serious?" And Mom, very seriously said "I am DEAD serious!" I was thinking, "You tell him, Mom!"

The reception was very awesome! We incorporated a few Italian traditions into it and lots of our normal ones. I don't know which of our traditions are Cajun and which ones are just normal at all weddings across the country. But all of the wedding party's names were announced and we went out and stood in the middle of the dance floor and then Nony and Frank were announced and "The Eye Of The Tiger" started playing and they ran out and high-fived us. It was really fun!

Well I suppose I shall have to finish this later cause we're going to pick up Nony and Frank to drop them off at the airport to head back to New York and if I don't post this soon, then I don't know what Jennifer's gonna do, so I'll finish up later!

2 comments:

Just A Girl said...

Yes! A post to read. You did it! Lovely post. It is so neat to get a recap of the wedding from your perspective. You have details that I don't. Next, you must add pictures. Call me if you need help with this one. I will not nag you about posting again until Thursday. You have until then!

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a great blog post. LOVE IT!!!!! :)